But sometimes,the pendrive might get infected during these numerous uses and formatting it becomes the only solution.However,whilst trying to format the flash/Mcard,using the normal method (i.e “Right-click on the device and selecting Format”), an error message pops up stating `Windows was unable to complete the format́ then what else can be done?
In this tutorial,I'll be giving some really easy tricks to get rid of these error-messages and format any memory card or Flash.
But before proceeding,I'd like to wish all readers of this blog “Complements of the season”.
Now to do this,just follow the steps below and try using all methods if the former doesn't work for you.
How To Format Unformatable Flash drives & Mcards.#Method 1 » Command Prompt.
- Click on Start » Run, type cmd in the text box and select “OK”.
- Type-in the following command and hit 'Enter'
Note that "K" in the snippet above represents the Removable Disk Drive letter/Name and it may be different in your case,so you'll need to replace it with whatever it displays in your computer.
Confirm if the drive is formatted.
If not try the second method.
Note that this method can be resolved to only if the Pendrive is write-protected.
- Detach the drive.
- Click on “Start” button and search for “Run”.
- In the textarea of the pop-up box,type Regedit and hit 'Enter'.
- Now,navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies
- If you cannot locate StorageDevicePolicies,then you'll need to create it.
- Right-click on Control and choose New » Key and name it StorageDevicePolicies
- Right-click on the newly created key and click on New » DWORD value.
Name it WriteProtect
- Now,double-click on it and change the Value Data to 0.
Click on "Ok". Finally,insert the Flash drive/MCard back into the system and try re-formatting it using the first method above.
HP USB Disk Storage FormatTool 2.2.3
DOWNLOAD IT HERE.
That's all.If the Pendrive is still adamant after trying everything above,then it's advisable you get a new one.
Feel free to share your experience.